Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rockabye Baby!
"War Pigs"

Rockabye Baby!
Lullaby Renditions of Black Sabbath
CD
(self-released, 2010)

The spirit of Martin Denny lives!

Wait . . . is he dead?

Rockabye Baby! has released bunches of CDs of "lullaby renditions" of music by popular bands. I bought this one recently, and it sounds like Martin Denny covering Black Sabbath. The only thing missing, really, is a photograph of a smokin' hot babe on the cover.

So, what the heck is Rockabye Baby!? I'll let them explain:

Rockabye Baby! transforms timeless rock songs into beautiful instrumental lullabies. Guitars and drums are traded for soothing mellotrons, vibraphones and bells, and the volume is turned down from an eleven to a two. Rockabye Baby! is the perfect way to share the music you love with the littlest rocker in your life.

I love this album. Seriously. It kicks ass (ever so gently) so much that I've not yet made it to the Queens of the Stone Age volume, which I bought a couple of days earlier, 'cause I can't stop spinning this'ne. It was not easy picking a song, so I decided to go with "War Pigs" since I already posted a version by The Dresden Dolls last month.


NOTE: The Exotic Sounds of Martin Denny is a great compilation of Martin's stuff. Consider it highly recommended!

No biased opinions . . . yet