Tuesday, October 19, 2010

House of Large Sizes
"I Ate the Painting"

Oh, dear! You must not have a compatible version of flash!

House of Large Sizes
I Ate the Painting
CDR EP
(The Tyros Label, 2003)

House of Large Sizes helped put Cedar Falls, Iowa on the map. Seriously. They led Lewis & Clark right there and did it.

OK, I lied.

They were from Cedar Falls, though, and they did rock mightily. Sadly, however, they called it quits in 2003, after over 15 years of kicking butt. The last thing they did was a trio of CDR EPs, each written and recorded in a week.

The first of these EPs was I Ate the Painting and the second was The Document. Unfortunately, before starting work on the third, they broke up.

They reunited in 2007 and 2009 to play some shows, but I guess they opted to not do the last EP. Sadness.

1 biased opinion:

Biki Honko said...

omg! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO