Saturday, August 7, 2010

Albert Marcœur
 «Deux lions au soleil» 
Extraits de la musique du film de Claude Faraldo
enregistrée à Hérouville (novembre et décembre 1979) par Laurent Thibault

Oh, dear! You must not have a compatible version of flash!

Albert Marcœur
This Heat/Marcœur
split cassette release with This Heat
(Tago Mago, 1982)

I bought this tape because I had This Heat's album Deceit and thought it was really great.

After a number of listens, I decided I liked Marcœur's side of the tape more, but had no idea where to get anything else by him. Eventually, in the mid-90s, I found a dbl-CD, Albert Marcœur présente, that compiled his first four albums:

  • Albert Marcœur
  • Album à colorier
  • Armes & Cycles
  • Celui où y'a Joseph
I've been a big fan ever since.

2 biased opinions:

Biki Honko said...

omg! soo not cool! but hey if you love it? im glad!

gidouille said...

Those first four albums are amazing, some of the most imaginative reed arrangements you'll find anywhere, not to mention the electric chalkboard solo. There are moments when he beats Zappa at his own game.