Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Daughters
 "Hello Assholes" 
"Flattery Is a Bunch of Fucking Bullshit"
 "A Room Full of Hard-Ons and Nowhere to Sit Down" 
"My Stereo Has Mono and So Does My Girlfriend"

Oh, dear! You must not have a compatible version of flash!

Daughters
Daughters
one-sided 7" EP
(City of Hell Records, 2002)

I saw these guys several years ago and hated them. Just thought they were horrible. After they finished playing, I started think maybe I was wrong, and maybe I'd like them, were I in a different frame of mind. So, against all odds, I bought the CD they were selling, Canada Songs.

Whoa! It slayed me!

Naturally, I had to get whatever else there was and, at that time, the only other thing was this dandy little 7". The songs are all super short, so I decided to rip the whole gosh darn thing. I hope that's OK. If not, TOO BAD!

The next time I saw them was in April of 2007. 15 minutes into their set, this idiot jumped off stage feet first and landed on me with his full weight. My ankle snapped. The club very generously declined to refund my admission. Creeps.


Yes, this is my ankle.

1 biased opinion:

Biki Honko said...

1. this song is VILE!

2. oh your poor poor ankle! Evil club owners!