Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rebel Truth
 "Child Hosts the Parasite" 

Rebel Truth
Rebel Truth
7" EP
(Version Sound Independent Communications, 1983)

I first heard these guys on a cassette compilation called Meathouse 1, which I bought primarily because the Minutemen were also on it. It was a great compilation. In fact, it still is!

When the label that released it started putting out 7" EPs, I boughted 'em. The second was the first (and best, imo) record by Die Kreuzen and the fourth was this lil' puppy. I no longer have the 1st and 3rd (by Articles of Faith and Negative Element, respectively), and I don't recall if there was ever a fifth or beyond. Sadly, this EP was all Rebel Truth released during their lifetime, but it's a keeper!

3 biased opinions:

Biki Honko said...

Wow! its like they are all on crack or somthing.... a song in fast forward, for the over booked, multitasking of us...

Brushback said...

I used to own #1, #2, and #3, also (AOF, Die Kreuzen, and Negative Element). Never had the Rebel Truth 7", though...

Lightning Baltimore said...

Grand Theft Auto reissued it plus everything else they ever recorded on CD a number of years back. Jump on it!