Sunday, July 25, 2010

I Would Set Myself on Fire for You
"The First Word That Comes to Mind" 

I'd been intrigued by this band's name for a while before I ever heard them. My first actual exposure was live at the Stickfigure Records annual showcase at The Drunken Unicorn back in 2006. Their set sucked, but that was due to a terrible mix. Something made me think I'd probably like them in a better sonic environment, so I snagged a copy of this, their debut CD, from the merch table before I left.

Yep, I liked 'em!

Sadly, they disbanded in 2007, but not until releasing their fantastic second album, Believes In Patterns.


NOTE: that bright smudge in the middle of the pic is gold paint. The covers were all handmade.

1 biased opinion:

Biki Honko said...

i liked this song! it kinda sounds like a drunk/get high song to me.... but still a great song when your depressed for sure