Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dappled Cities Fly
 "Chameleon Girl" 

Dappled Cities Fly
Chameleon Girl
CD single
(Wash Records, 2003)

My second favorite local record store has a huge $1 bin. Everytime I go there, I look through it for stuff that looks interesting. Sometime last year, I stumbled across the third album by Dappled Cities, Zounds. The cover art was interesting and the band name certainly odd, so I chanced it. As it turned out, it became one of my favorite albums of 2009. I loved it so much, I went and found as much back-catalog stuff as I was able. This track was released as their second single and never appeared on any of their three albums, so far. In between their first and second albums, A Smile and Granddance, they dropped the "Fly" from the end of their name. No, I don't know why.

1 biased opinion: