Tuesday, September 13, 2011

7 or 8 Worm Hearts
"Shack of Hate"

7 or 8 Worm Hearts
All Writhe
cassette
(self-released, 1989)


What is it with my blog and bizarre coincidences lately?

I was on the phone with my friend James on Sunday, right? And he mentioned that Glenn Jones and his (James's) band had played a show the night before. We got to talking about this and he mentioned that Jones had been in a band with Phil Milstein when James moved to the Boston area in the late 80s, and they'd released a cassette. "I think I have that!" says I. So, I went to the shelf and pulled down my copy of the source of today's song to confirm band membership. "7 or 8 Worm Hearts?" asked I. "That's it!" confirmed James.

Why is this a coincidence? Well, I'd already ripped said tape to a wav file for use on this here blogger device; I just hadn't yet picked a song. So, without further ado, I present "Shack of Hate" by 7 or 8 Worm Hearts (not to be confused with the also great song of the same title by White Zombie on their 1987 debut LP, Soul Crusher).

1 biased opinion:

Biki Honko said...

hmm rather conflicted about this. not a fav for sure