Monday, March 7, 2011

Nazxul
"Distance Begins"

you know you want it
Nazxul
Live
LP
(Decius Productions, 2002)


For the record (HA!), picture discs bite. Sure, they can look pretty, but they are also usually possessed of disgusting levels of surface noise. I buy them only when the music therein is available in no other format, such as the live album, Live (recorded 1999, released 2002), by Aussie black metallers Nazxul. Today's song originally appeared on their first studio album, Totem, way back in 1996. The pic above is actually the b-side of the LP, but the a-side pic is just kinda boring, so I've allowed my megalomaniacal sense of control to go overboard and present the prettier picture. Yeah! Bite me.

Oh, yeah, it just came in a clear plastic sleeve; I had to go out and buy a cardboard sleeve for it before filing it in my collection, for its own protection.

1 biased opinion:

Biki Honko said...

interesting song! i liked them quite a bit. ok so you went on and on about picture cd's but are they still a group?