Saturday, March 12, 2011

Moresight
"Faked Out (& Faked Back In)"

Moresight
Moresight
CD
(self-released, 2005)


Dang it, this was supposed to get posted yesterday. I got everything done in advance but the writeup. I was gonna finish it up in the a.m., but then we had to call the furnace people to come look at ours and figure out why it keeps pulling a Sarah Palin. Anyhow, the day got messy after that, and I never got back to my blog. My deepest apologies.

So I saw these guys open for locals Untied States just over six years ago. I thought they were pretty great (as were the headliners, as always) and ended up buying one of their two CDs that night, though I don't recall if it was this one, or their debut EP, Just Like Having a Baby with No Name. Both are keepers. Sometime after I saw them, they were selling CDRs at shows with new songs, but I never managed to catch them again. Then they changed their name. Then they sorta faded away.

:-(


I think this may have been the Untied States show where the bass player ripped his finger open mid-set. My car was parked right in front of the club, so I ran out to it and got him a Band Aid. I'm such a mother hen, sometimes.

3 biased opinions:

Biki Honko said...

hi ya!

this song sounds like you. and i like it! so double win/win. i like the song, and it made me miss you all in one fell swoop!

Anonymous said...

hey, stumbled upon this in a google search. These guys played in my house a few times when i was in college. The band is now called Howlies and they've changed their sound quite a bit but i dig it, they wanted people to get up and dance at their shows. Check em out: https://www.facebook.com/Howlies?sk=app_6627984866

Lightning Baltimore said...

Aha! No wonder I keep getting spammed by The Howlies. Guess I should stop ignoring those e-mails.

Thanks for the heads up!