Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hotguitars
"Budapest Bukkake"

As the name implies, Hotguitars play guitars, and they're a duo (hooray!). Guitarist Jyrki Laiho used to play guitar with Finnish krautrocky metallers Circle, and guitarist T-mu Korpipää was Circle's soundman. I found their second album, Hierarkia (recorded with Finnish poet Santtu Puukka joining them), in a bargain bin. The cover was interesting and it was only 25¢, so how could I pass it up? How, I ask you?

Today's song, however, is from the Confessions EP, released in-between Hierarkia and their debut, Duets, Duels & D.I.Y.'s (a CDR limited to 150 copies). It's one of their more pounding numbers, and I dig it rather a lot.

They released their third full-length album, ...pronounced (hɔt gi'ta:s), in 2007. There was talk in 2005 of reissuing Duets, Duels & D.I.Y.'s on CD, with new cover art and bonus material, but that doesn't appear to have happened.

2 biased opinions:

VirginiaM said...

What will happen to music like this when album covers are gone? (and used record stores, for that matter) I wonder if they'll have to rely on creative track titles. (Not that Budapest Bukkake is uncreative)

Biki Honko said...

No, reservations whatsoever with this one.

I. Love. This. Song!

no annoying lyrics, nothing but pure music of the loud and screechy sort. Mega thanks for this one!