Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sara Goes Pop
"Sexy Terrorist"

Sara Goes Pop
Sara Goes Pop
2 x 7" EP
(It's War Boys, 1982)

Poor Sara! I hope popping didn't hurt too much. This was the only Sara Goes Pop record, to the best of my knowledge, so I'm guessing all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Sara together again. Pity the king didn't think to have any, say, surgeons.

Whenever I hear this song, I picture Jack Wild singing it. I do my best to not think about his creepy talking flute, though.

Yes, I loved H.R. Pufnstuf when I was a wee bairn.

Sid and Marty Krofft were the kings of hallucinogenic children's TV back in the 60s and 70s. I watched all their shows, even Sigmund and the Sea Monsters. That one was a bit of a challenge, however, since they chose to cast in the lead role the most horrible boy on TV: Johnny Whitaker, prince of the wussies.

The best Sid and Marty Krofft show, of course, was Land of the Lost. Sleestaks rule!

No biased opinions . . . yet