Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jad Fair
"Kristy"

Uh, oh! You either don't have the Flash plug-in installed, or you have it disabled.
Otherwise, there'd be a cute lil' streaming audio player on the left, rather than this message.

Kristy McNichol came out the other day, and the first thing I thought was, Poor Jad Fair must be crushed.

Here's Kristy today (right) with her other half of two decades, Martie Allen. From the blurb in People magazine:

McNichol, 49, who has lived with her partner Martie Allen, also 49, for the past two decades, decided to make a statement about her sexuality and share this photo because she is approaching 50 and wants to be open about who I am.

She is very sad about kids being bullied, her publicist Jeff Ballard tells PEOPLE. She hopes that coming out can help kids who need support. She would like to help others who feel different.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of very ugly comments in the People article. I'm not going to reprint any of them here, though. I just want to add my 2¢, that celebrities coming out does have a positive effect on young LGBT folk. So, bravo for Kristy!

There were nice comments, however, by folks who mentioned having crushes on Kristy when she was on TV back in the '70s and '80s. Sure, she was cute, but her older brother Jimmy was the one who caught my eye back then. No, I do not own the magazine with this pic. I did a Google image search, thankyouverymuch. If the results are at all indicative of reality, the poor boy owned very few shirts.

No biased opinions . . . yet